Monday, September 3, 2012

Gardening



So I've been working hard on our garden this year. We've had a million zucchini's...exaggeration of course, but not too far off. Our freezer is full of shredded and chopped zucchini. We are all excited about the amount of pumpkins this year too...at least 37 pumpkins. SO exciting. We were able to enjoy some watermelon, cherry tomatoes, and green peppers. We are still waiting for our sunflowers to make it. It was fun watching the sunflowers grow to see how tall they were going to get. I think we had one that reached an estimate of 10 feet. So tall! So I've been doing lots of canning this year. My total number of jars canned this year so far is over 100. Yay for preserved food! I went over to Iris and Bill's house and got produce weekly to can...LOTS of tomatoes and cucumbers. We are very thankful for their generosity. Grandma Flores and Grandma Olsen has helped quite a bit this time of year with the canning also. I love all my moms :) They all take really good care of me and my family.  We are so blessed! We've been paying tithing, being frugal, and praying hard for finances to work out. We are trying to have faith that those prayers will be answered soon!

No comments: