Thursday, April 12, 2012

Easter 2012

Easter was fun this year...we had all the kids all weekend. We colored eggs on Saturday morning and just had a good time hanging out. On Sunday they got their easter baskets, we went to church, and enjoyed creamed eggs for lunch. We then went to Grandma and Grandpa Flores' house for some yummy easter dinner and a way fun easter egg hunt. The kids ended up with 19 eggs for each of them. It was a good time. We also stopped by Grandma and Grandpa Olsen's to chat with them. Over all it was a great Easter. I don't look forward to the days after when "trading" begins and contention rules because some ate their candy faster than others and begging and trading for candy occurs. Teaching moments came this  year due to this...about just being grateful for what you have...and just giving without expecting anything in return. That's just being a nice person. So new rules around holidays will be implemented in this house. We will see if that goes better for us. At least for my blood pressure anyway. 







 Coloring eggs!! They each had 10 eggs to color...that's a lot of eggs to eat!



 Easter baskets Sunday morning...I promise they enjoyed it...I hope. Can't tell with no smiles. 
 At least our Elly Bug is happy it's Easter!!
 She loved her basket :-)
 Watching the kids find easter eggs and the Flores home!











Froggy decided to join the fun...Elena is holding him. 

I love Easter...not because of the eggs, candy, and baskets...I am grateful for the Savior and for the His Atonement. I am grateful that He gave us the ability to overcome physical and spiritual death. I love that someday we will all be resurrected and be whole. I thought a lot about that this year. What it would be like for Jana to experience with a normal hip, for all the aches and pains to be gone from my parents, all the physical ailments that all my family experience to just be gone. It gives me joy knowing that it will happen someday.  That we will be with our loved ones again and we can repent and be able to be in the presence of our Father and the Savior brings me such peace. That to me is what Easter is about. If I haven't taught that to my children...then I have failed. I need to do better about teaching them to love these holidays because of what they really are about. That is my goal...

1 comment:

The Berejkoffs said...

i love this post.... that elly bug is adorable and you looked like you had a good time. i feel the same way about teaching my kids about the real reason that we celebrate holidays. i always think that they are too you ng and then i hear kids younger than them tell the stories in primary and i feel so guilty. i just need to try harder. i feel the same way about the resurrection. I cannot wait to walk and to not have scars that itch and everything that everyone goes through physically! it will be a grand day for me that is for sure. thank you for thinking of me when you think of that. i love how big of heart you have and i am grateful that you will get to see Joe again and be able to be around him again. i love you sister and i love that we have the relationship that we do and i am grateful that we had the hard times because it made our relationship that much stronger....I LOVE YOU!!!