Monday, June 4, 2012

the storm

Ok so we had this crazy storm hit us...thunder, lightning, crazy wind and rain...and I look out the window and see Audrey sitting in it alone and writing. How she was doing it, I don't know. I watched her for awhile, watching her expressions when the thunder hit and the lightning struck. I found it quite amusing. You do what you have to in a house with 7 kids to get alone time...even in a storm. She loves to write and every time I see her she is either writing or drawing. It's nice to see someone that age know what they love to do and do it well. Her talent amazes me and I hope to see her accomplish what she wants to with it. I love that she can come to our house and be a teenager, to be able to have time to do what she wants and still be able to be responsible and get her chores done. I love that I can provide the stability and structure that she loves so there is an equal balance between work and play. That is one thing I know I give Audrey that she appreciates.

No comments: