Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas Morning


4:17 AM Exactly...Melissa pops her head up and says...did you make it to bed BEFORE santa came? Of course was my reply before she realized that it was Christmas morning and upstairs was an explosion of Christmas toys and fun things for everyone!! She jumped up and knocked on Steve's door...if there was any question on whether he was awake or not and they awaited anxiously at the bottom of the stairs for the words, ready, set, and GO!
I walked to the top of the stairs and unknown to me, mom was JUST turning off the lights and was hoping to lay down for a few minutes before the Christmas morning flurries. SORRY!! They weren't waiting. I barely got the camera ready before the whirwind came running up the stairs into the awaiting assortment of toys. I love seeing Melissa so excited. She was ecstatic with every little thing she got, down to the slinky and ceramic bear in her stocking. As the other family trickled in and we opened presents she was more than grateful for everything. She made sure to thank everyone personally who gave her a present. It was pretty cute.
We had lots of fun, playing games, playing barbies (She got a lot of them) and combing their hair (I know Jana knows what I'm talking about) I could still spend hours combing barbies hair. Although she woke up with a fever and a terrible cough, she did pretty well, and as the day went on the 4 hour nap helped a lot!!
I personally had the best Christmas ever. I really enjoyed buying Christmas this year. I was able to help a lot of people and the meaning of Christmas was burning deep for me this year. As excited as Melissa was about her princess Barbies, I was just as excited to help the people that I helped this year. It was the best part for me. To tell you the truth, I really didn't look in my stocking for a good hour after everything. I didn't play with my Christmas toy until about 9pm last night. Melissa and I played a Disney Princess Wii game for an hour before bed. I had a lot of fun with her. It's been really fun this year!!

1 comment:

Mike, Kerry, Sam or Jake said...

Hey, I am so glad you had a good Christmas this year. I actually thought about you on Christmas day and hoped your holiday was a good one. I guess my wish came true. Melissa is a beauty, watch out! We need to get together soon.
Kerry