Thursday, February 12, 2009

Special Olympics


The torch for the Special Olympics came to Hawthorne Elementary. It was really cool! The kids cheered so loud for them all and sang a beautiful song that made everybody cry. It was amazing. All Melissa could talk about was "Special Olymkus"  She took Steve's Gold and 2 silver medals from Special Olympics to her class for show and tell. I personally enjoyed watching Melissa talk to them afterwards and watching Madisyn give her paper torch to one of the athletes.  It was a really cool program. I've been looking everywhere for the special olympics blue and white scarves, but they are no where to be found. They went quick. I was lucky, my friend Shannon decided to give me hers, so I have one now. Gotta love the Special Olympics!!

1 comment:

Mike, Kerry, Sam or Jake said...

The boys and I got to see the Torch Run in Nampa, I'm so glad they got to see that. I am so jealous of your scarf.

Kerry