Thursday, February 19, 2009

Valentines Day



What a fun day. I love all of the parties that Melissa gets to have in preschool. All of the kids in her class are so cute. She has great friends.  They decorated their own cupcakes and ate them along with a fancy sugar cookie that Melissa thought was the greatest because it had the tiniest sugar hearts sprinkled on them. 

Valentines Day was way too crazy though. I spent most of the day preparing for the preparedness fair. I made batch after batch of pumpkin soup, mom and steph made about a million pumpkin cookies, and I made a fancy poster with my new Cricut machine and I made handouts that I still have a ton of left. It was fun though. I'm glad it's over, it was a good turnout. Time to plan the next activity. 

Melissa gave me a Valentine, but I think she has eaten most of it. She gave me  a card and a little ceramic container with chocolates in it. Dad took her to the Dollar store and helped her pick everything out. It was very sweet of them. I loved it. Anyway, as hard as Valentines Day is for me, I enjoyed this year. I was busy, all my family was very thoughtful, (Thanks for my favorite candy, Steph) and I really didn't think about missing Joe until I sat down that night and remembered our first Valentine's Day together. What a sweet memory I have of him. It is one of my favorite.

1 comment:

Stephanie Young said...

Believe it or not, I do try pay attention to what everybody's favorites are. And you are welcome, I was trying to follow through with my word for the year optimism. I was being optimistic that if I start remembering holidays and doing something nice that maybe good things will roll my way too!!!!!