Friday, February 6, 2009

My 30th Birthday

I think this birthday has been one of the most memorable birthdays of my life. I really spoiled myself as well as have a good time with my family. It has really made me reflect on where I've come in the last 30 years. I've done a lot of growing and made a lot of mistakes, but for what I've done and experienced I would say I've found happiness. I know that sounds weird for someone who has lost a husband to cancer, watched family members suffer with different situations, and is raising a child without her dad. Nonetheless, I am happy and find joy every day in the midst of all the stress.  I try every day to look for the positive and avoid complaining about every little thing that gets to me. Notice the key word there, TRY!!, it doesn't always work, but when I do I have a pleasant day, and I have more patience with Melissa. 

I hope that my next 30 years are just as full of joy as my first 30 years. I know things are going to happen that are hard to deal with, but you just deal with it and put a smile on your face. If you can't control it, there is no reason to complain.

I am so thankful for my family, they are amazing. I love serving them and hanging out with them. They are my best friends!! They put the biggest smile on my face. I'm one of those people who look forward to family reunions in any way, shape, or form. Yeah, sometimes there is drama, but who doesn't have it occasionally. I'm learning that how you react is half the battle!! I'm still working on it. It's a good thing I'm not perfect, that gives me another 30 years to work on things right!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So thirty looks like it is okay! Maybe I will be prepared to turn 30 later this year....

Cute family picture by the way! I love it! I love the picture of Melissa in curls and the look on her face (one of disgust)! Too cute!

Mike, Kerry, Sam or Jake said...

Happy happy birthday! That food looks good. I love my thirties. I no longer feel like I need to look 20. Glad you had a great birthday and a good 30 years!