Saturday, December 26, 2009

Christmas Morning





I love Christmas traditions! Christmas wouldn't be Christmas without Melissa and Steve standing at the bottom of the stairs waiting to come up and see what Santa brought them. This is the first year in 2 years that Melissa hasn't woken up on Christmas morning with a fever. She was more excited to look and play with the things that Santa brought her.

She had to talk to Mrs. Claus a couple of times to make sure she got on the good list, but overall she has been a really good girl this year. It's a good thing Santa takes an average of the whole year instead of just the week before Christmas, or she would have gotten a lump of coal for sure.

My personal thought is that since Christmas is about the birth of our Savior, we need to look at our kids the way the Savior looks at us. We all make mistakes, huge ones, all the time. None of us are perfect. He is merciful, He is forgiving, and he loves us unconditionally no matter what we do. He wants us to do our best and if we do, he will pour out blessings on us.

I think sometimes we can be too critical of our children's mistakes. I know I forget sometimes that they are just learning how to live and they test us to set limits for themselves. I am sure thankful that the Savior doesn't treat me like I treat Melissa sometimes. I really need to work on being more forgiving and patient with her.

I am thankful for this season and that we have the Savior to look to for peace and an example of how to live and serve people.

No comments: