Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Reflection on 2009



Time really does fly when your older. I remember when Christmas couldn't come soon enough, hours felt like days and when December 30 rolled around it felt like an eternity until my birthday exactly a month later. When I was a child I would have started the count down today until my birthday. That doesn't happen so much anymore. I can't believe where the last 4 months went. I blinked and they were gone. Another semester done in school, work, and working with the scouts and planning ward parties. I guess that is where all my time went. In between all that, I tried to make my time count with Melissa, but not always successful.

So I'm ending this year on a high note, or a dark note rather. My hair is a few shades darker which I love and most importantly I did succeed in one goal, I'm rather embarrassed to admit it though. I made it to the temple once this year, on December 30. I made a goal this time last year to make it at least once this year. I made it once. It's too bad I waited until the last day I could do it, now I can't exceed my goal. There is always next year right? I will do better.

I am very sad about not going more often. The feelings I get when I am there are so peaceful and reassuring, I need that throughout the year. I always feel so much closer to Joe when I'm doing temple work, it feels like we are working side by side getting the work done. That is my goal for this next year. Get to the temple more than just once. I'll try for once a month.

There is so many things I want to accomplish in this next year. It is so hard to believe another decade has gone by. Reflecting back 10 years ago, I was preparing for a mission. I just got my call to serve in Ireland, and was anxiously engaged in the preparations. I had just met Joe for the first time 10 years ago. Wow, a lot happens in 10 years. It's been an incredible journey with lots of growth and lessons learned. I'm thankful for every bit of it. I am a different person today than I was 10 years ago. Mostly for the better, I hope.

A new journey awaits me now, a new decade, starting my 30's. I can't wait to see what it brings for me. I have great hopes for a great decade of many great blessings in my life. I have many goals that I would like to accomplish and I look forward to all the growth and changes I get to see in Melissa the next few years.

What a great close to the 2000's. We cherish our memories always, live today the best we can, we hope for a bright future.

No comments: