Sunday, May 2, 2010

Our 2 weeks without flying solo...

I would like to say it was a lot of fun and we did lots of fun things, but alas it twas not so...it was overwhelming, and it took 5 people to accomplish the babysitting task that my parents do...next semester no babysitting will be required during the day...she will be in all day school, and my classes are in that block of time. It was an exhausting couple of weeks with babysitters and keeping up with everything that 3 people usually do. I'm glad they are back. While they were gone, we did have a few things we needed to do...
Check this girl out! We had picture day! I can't believe it is almost the end of Kindergarten. I can't believe I have a 6 year old and I think I'd better go target shooting more often to keep the boys away from her...she is beautiful!! I love my toothless girl...she is a handful, and I've got my work cut out for me trying to understand how to help her grow and learn the way she needs to, but I trust Heavenly Father will help me know what the best thing to do for her is.


Can you see my shadow? Do you realize how close these squirrels are? Yep pretty close...not as close as they got while we were there though. One of those days we decided to go to the park and hang out...yeah, the squirrels decided they were going to hang with us also. I was watching Melissa on the playground and before I knew it we were surrounded by 6 large squirrels and I sat as still as I could. I should have moved around because they eventually got close enough that one of them jumped on the picnic table and walked over my hand. A little too close for my comfort...we were out of there. 


The MS walk...We had so much fun...I really appreciate Kerry and the love and patience and caring that she has shown me since I've known her. It was least I could do to show her support and walk with her during the MS walk. It was a lot of fun and I would do it again in a heartbeat. I always enjoy spending time with her and chatting. The only thing missing from our 3 mile walk was a big fat diet pepsi...

That about sums up our 2 weeks without mom and dad...hopefully next time they decide to vacation like that, either I'll be on vacation too, or my schedule is such that I don't require a boatload of babysitters to get it all done. One can only hope right?

No comments: