Saturday, December 31, 2011

December Activities

 Shop with a cop!! Melissa thoroughly enjoyed herself this year being able to go shopping with a local cop from the caldwell city police department. She got to choose presents for everyone in the family and got to ride in a police car to Kmart with the lights and sirens on. It was very fun for her and she pretty much loved being able to shop and hang out with her new girl cop friend. She loves thinking of other people and choosing presents for them. That's Melissa for you!
 The holiday season wouldn't be complete without lots of Christmas programs. They were in the evening and split up each day. The 4th and 5th graders got 1 day, 2nd and 3rd, and Kindergarten and 1st. So we had to go each night to a different one. They all did a great job. I did notice that all of the songs they sang had absolutely no mention of the Savior which made me sad because He is the reason we celebrate Christmas.





I was pleasantly surprised at the high school choir Christmas concert because they did sing songs about the Savior and the choirs did an amazing job. They have amazing voices!


 My grown up girl...as usual on Joe's birthday we went up to the cemetery for our own little celebration. We always take a tree up and decorate it for him. One of Melissa's favorite traditions and mine. I love the time we get to just have a moment of reflection. I have a picture of Melissa by the tree every year since Joe died and it's amazing to see how much she's grown. This year I had quite the emotions as I looked at her picture compared to the other years. The growth that she's had just in this year alone is incredible. The changes she's been through, the new family she is adjusting to. It's just been amazing to watch her grow and blossom during this huge life change. I have moments of sadness knowing that the growth that she is making will not be witnessed by her father, although he probably knows better than I the growth that she experiences. I know he is pleased with her and the love and kindness that are naturally there for her. I also know that he probably knows how hard it is for her sometimes and I'm sure Heavenly Father gives her extra boosts of love especially from her father when she needs it the most. I couldn't have asked for a better daughter. I can't even express the love I have for that little girl.

No comments: