Tuesday, December 13, 2011

October 21st.

 This has to be one of my favorite pictures. We did our annual trip to the cemetery on October 21st. Melissa showed Tony how it's done and it seriously warmed my heart to see these two cleaning up the headstone together.  I'm so glad we got to share our tradition with Tony and that he was so willing to jump in and enjoy the moment with us even though it is such a hard day for me. It makes me happy that it is turned into such a looked forward to outing for Melissa though. She LOVES to go up to the cemetery and visit her father and it brings me such comfort to know that there is enough love in both of us to love 2 men. She loves her father, and she loves Tony.

 I can't believe how grown up she is...this last year has put her through many changes that are HARD for a little one to go through, but she is a trooper and it has made her so much stronger and mature. I have seen her work so hard and mature so fast. I love this girl so much and I am so very proud of her and everything she has been able to accomplish this year.

I love seeing her smiling and happy just to be spending time with Tony and me. We waited a long time to find him and I am extremely happy that we he found us when he did. He has brought lots of changes to our lives and love. 6 years ago I had hope for something like this to happen. I didn't know it would be 5 years down the road before we would meet him...but I'm happy that we did. Patience and hope that Heavenly Father will give you what you need, when you need it. I'm glad He felt like this it what I needed.

No comments: