Sunday, October 21, 2012

October 21st






I cannot tell you how blessed I am to have found Tony. He allows me to grieve when I need to and he is so thoughtful and understanding. It's always hard on this day and he always does the right things. I am truly blessed to have him. It was a Sunday this year. I really had every intention of just getting up and going to church, but we didn't make it. We spent the day going to see my family, some of his family, and then up to the cemetery. Just relaxing and spending the afternoon up there brought such a feeling of peace that I didn't want to leave...even though Melissa had to go to the bathroom in the worst way. We stalled as long as we could, but she couldn't wait any more. As we were driving out of the cemetery, we found a bathroom. She went in and Tony thought it would be funny to scare her. So he went and yelled and pounded on the door. What he didn't know was that she hadn't sat down yet so she peed a little in her pants when he scared her. I laughed so hard. Those two are so funny.  I had a harder time when we got home though. I think it was more than just what the day is to me. That is the day I allow myself to just let go and grieve. So everything that has been bothering me or has weighed me down flooded over me and I just let it all out. The whole month of October is so tough, but the week of the 21st through the 26th is always the hardest on me.

No comments: