Tuesday, January 5, 2010

A new year, a New Decade



This seems like a good place to start with looking to the future. I'm hoping that if a decade starts out rough, that it means there are great things to come. This is Melissa and me right at midnight, sitting in the van driving down State St. in Salt Lake City, about 2 minutes after I puked behind the 7 11. Great start eh? Not the greatest picture I'd have to say.

The rest of the trip to Salt Lake was a lot more fun than that moment, so now I will share the rest of the fun trip.


We spent New Years Eve walking around temple square looking at the beautiful lights and enjoying some great entertainment.  It was cold and it was a long evening waiting for midnight to come, but thank goodness for warm buildings and great entertainment. We left Grandpa in the Joseph Smith memorial building listening to different bands and dancing, and we headed over to the assembly hall and enjoyed Jericho Road and Cherie Call. It was very fun.


It was really fun to be able to stay at a hotel with everyone and enjoy an indoor pool in the cold weather. It was great fun, in our downtime.






















We had a great time, eventhough that is probably not the way we would ever spend our New Years ever again. We are all homebodies and prefer celebrating at home with our munchies, and TV's watching the ball drop and popping open the sparkling cider. Now we know, what we like and what should be put in the memory books right?

Now to look forward to the new year. It's going to start out rough for me. I really have to do well in school this semester so I can continue going to school. It's going to be tight and hard, but I confidence I can accomplish it. Hey, if I can pass all my math classes and a semester of spanish, I can do this, right? So here I am, mustering up as much determination as this body has and giving it all I've got. I've got lots of goals to accomplish and goals to improve myself. Time to get to work!

3 comments:

Mike, Kerry, Sam or Jake said...

Sorry, but I think it is funny that you puked behind the 7-11. I'm sure you looked like a perfect drunk and someone thought, poor little girl with a drunk of a mother! Happy new year.

ChanFam6 said...

GO GET EM' GIRL! I am so proud of all you've already accomplished in life. You are such an inspiration. I watched your video and just bawled. You have such a zest for life and I can tell by that twinkle in Melissa's eye she's just like you--lucky little girl!! May this decade be AWESOME for you and your darling daughter. I am always needing a kick in the backside to get to the temple. Call me and we could make it together--284-5818.

Flores Family said...

I know, I probably looked like a complete drunk behind the 7-11. Now that I look back, it's hilarious to me. Thanks for the comments!