Monday, June 28, 2010

Melissa's turn to donate


She wasn't as happy to donate her hair as I was...We were actually quite tricky about how we did it...and she is very sad in this photo...I explained about a month before this that we were going to donate her hair to someone who doesn't have any. She said she didn't want to share. She liked her long hair because she explained that is what being a girl is...long hair...boy she is talking to the WRONG mommy.  So one day, I told her I was going to measure it just to see if it was long enough, and funny thing, Grandma happened to have scissors in her hand as I measured, and before she knew it I had a pony tail in my hand and I showed her.  (That morning there were lots of tears because of knots I had to comb out --I'd had it by that point) The meltdown started!! She CRIED!! She ran down into my room, climbed under the blankets and just sobbed. When I went in there, she yelled at me a "few" times that she hated me, she would never be pretty, and that hated me, she looked like a boy, and did I mention she hated me? So I explained, that her hair would still be pretty, she doesn't look like a boy and Grandma has to finish cutting her hair, so it wouldn't look like we just chopped off a ponytail...she reluctantly agreed and after it was all finished...we had a happy girl that was ready to share her ponytail with someone without hair, and I've been a happy mom since...especially the upkeep on doing her hair every morning. She loves it now!

No comments: