Friday, January 15, 2010

Goals




So I've done a lot of reflecting the last couple of weeks and decided that I need to make some changes in my life. I live a very comfortable, but busy life. I am fine with that. I love the time I spend with Melissa, I love my callings, I can't say I love school, but I am more determined than ever to keep going and prove to myself that I can do this, I love my family and that they are more than willing to support me and help me in every aspect of my life. Especially my parents, my mom lifts my spirits when I get discouraged, my dad, like every guy I know, tries to fix things and counsels me when things need fixed. They both have strengths and weaknesses and luckily they complement each other. Where one is lacking, the other makes up for it. I'm thankful for that.

So far I have done well this year with my goal to attend the temple. I have gone every Wednesday for the last 3 weeks. I'm also killing two birds with one stone! I get to attend the temple every week, but my other goal of putting myself out there to meet new people is getting done. Every time I go it's with the mid-singles group in the area. It's a good way for me to start. There is no pressure, I don't have to talk to anyone if I don't want to, but to keep up with my goal, I got brave this last time and actually went out with them afterwards to eat, and I socialized! I found it very refreshing to hang out with a small group of people that don't know much about me and just hang out.

There are other goals that I'm working on and hopefully I can do better at getting started on them soon. I am going to try and not let my fears stop me from doing new things, I am going work on getting myself more organized so I can accomplish all I need to in school and in my church callings. I start school next week and I really want to feel more prepared to start a new semester so I can put my best work into it.  Whether I like it or not, this year is going to be more about using self control in everything I do. Mostly with a healthier lifestyle, and budgeting money.  I know what I need to do, and my biggest stumbling block so far has been motivation to start. The budgeting isn't that big of a problem, if you don't have it, you don't spend it.  I really need to start having a healthier lifestyle. I have woken up many days and said to myself, that today I'm going for a walk, but it never happens. I have given myself a guideline. I have to be able to at least walk 3 miles comfortably by April 17, so I can do the MS walk with some friends. That is my do-able goal for right now.

SO with that, I'm off to go organize myself and go for a walk!

No comments: