Saturday, January 16, 2010

More reflection on 2009...kind of...

I got this from my cousin Emily and thought it would a fun way to look back at the last year. 

  1. What did you do in 2009 that you’d never done before? Had my only child start Kindergarten

  2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I did, but I didn't do it until the very last day of the year. Very ashamed of that.
  3. Did anyone close to you give birth? My sister had a little girl in April, 10 days before Melissa's birthday.

  4. Did anyone close to you die? My grandpa, a good friend, and a step-grandma-in-law. Even though it's pretty complicated, I was close to my step-grandma-in-law.

  5. What countries did you visit? the united states of america

  6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009? money...but I will have less unfortunately. I would like more free time, but that's not going to happen either.

  7. What dates from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? January 30-I turned 30 on the 30th. May 29-Melissa's preschool graduation. August 20- Grandpa died. September 4-car accident with Dad, Mom, Melissa, and Steve. October 21 and 26...will forever be etched in my memory for the rest of my life. 

  8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Passing Spanish class at school and accomplishing everything I needed to for everything I'm involved with.

  9. What was your biggest failure? going to the temple more than once the whole year.

  10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Not much, other than an extremely bruised knee from the car accident.

  11. What was the best thing you bought? Everything to renovate the house so Melissa and I could stay with Mom and Dad and Melissa could have her own room.

  12. Whose behavior merited celebration? Melissa- she had some really good days where she was very helpful and kind. Grandpa - the days he didn't completely lose patience with Melissa.

  13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? Melissa and Grandpa...they both had some absolutely terrible days. A 5 year old and an newly retired Grandpa living under the same roof is cause for some tense moments.

  14. Where did most of your money go? Renovations and bills.
  15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? Going to California for my birthday and having a spa day with Jana and Erika. Melissa's dance recital. Melissa starting Kindergarten after a long summer!
  16. What song will always remind you of 2009? Leona Lewis - "Better in Time"
  17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
  18. a) happier or sadder? about the same
    b) thinner or fatter? Unfortunately fatter. 
    c) richer or poorer? definitely poorer

  19. What do you wish you’d done more of? blogging, scrapbooking, and spending more quality time with Melissa.

  20. What do you wish you’d done less of? spending money

  21. How did you spend Christmas? Home sweet home.
  22. Did you fall in love in 2009? Nope.

  23. What was your favorite TV program? Biggest Loser, Glee, Brothers & Sisters, American Idol

  24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? Can't say I hate anyone.

  25. What was the best book you read? Twilight series...all 4 books in 6 days.

  26. What was your greatest musical discovery? Leona Lewis and Natasha Bettingfield...and always a favorite Michael Jackson (Before he died).

  27. What did you want and get? a room just for Melissa

  28. What did you want and not get? I don't think there was anything.

  29. What was your favorite film of this year? Twilight and New Moon.

  30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? It was the best birthday ever. I turned 30 on the 30th. I flew to California by myself, Jana and Leo took me to dinner at Lucille's Smokehouse BBQ and the next day, Jana and Erika and I had a spa day and got facials. We then got Justin's family and Jana's family together and dipped 30 different things in chocolate! It was fantastic!!

  31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? I'm pretty satisfied with it already.

  32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009? frumpalicious! JK...I don't know completely comfortable, and able to hide fat.

  33. What kept you sane?  Being able to go on Facebook and connect with old friends and be in contact with family that I'm not normally in contact with.

  34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? Can't say I fancied them, but after reading the Twilight series, I enjoyed reading about Robert and Kristen.

  35. What political issue stirred you the most? gay marriage

  36. Who did you miss? I always miss Joe and will for the rest of my life.

  37. Who was the best new person you met? I actually met a lot of new people this year, but the funniest one I'd have to say is Shawn.

  38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009. To not expect perfection from anybody and to except everyones best effort as good enough.

  39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year. Wound up, or Never Give up, I will survive. (-:

No comments: